https://paulplakas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LOGO-300x120.png 0 0 Paul Plakas https://paulplakas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/LOGO-300x120.png Paul Plakas2008-10-05 10:35:072009-09-30 18:16:28Paul's Top Ten Ways To Lose Fat
1. DON’T HANG AROUND UNMOTIVATED OVERWEIGHT PEOPLE
- We tend to share in the same habits as our friends.
- Find fit motivated people with like-minded goals.
- Create an environment where your chances for success are greater.
2. NEVER EAT FAST FOOD AGAIN
- Not only will it make you fat, but the chemicals from flavoring are toxic and harmful to the body.
- Colon cancer should be a great concern to the fast food consumer.
- No nutritional value at all, dead calories that are just stored as fat.
3. EXERCISE EVERYDAY
- For general overall fitness, functional circuit training is the best choice.
- Duration and intensity should vary.
- A minimum 500 calorie workout should be done daily, this means unfit people have to exercise longer.
4. NEVER EAT PACKAGED PROCESSED FOODS
- If you can not pronounce the ingredient, don’t eat it.
- If the food did not require any cooking or preparation, don’t eat it.
- Most foods in a grocery store are not foods at all; shop the perimeter.
- Artificial and natural flavoring are not good things.
- Examples of bad choices are: bologna, Kraft dinner, Eggo waffles, white bread, almost every boxed cereal.
5. ADD SOMETHING IN/GIVE SOMETHING UP
- A small change can make a difference over the course of a year.
- Giving up one tablespoon of butter everyday for a year will allow you to drop 10lbs.
- Doing 3 extra flights of stairs everyday for a year will allow you to drop 6 to 10lbs.
6. DO NOT DRINK CALORIES
- Alcohol, pop, special coffees, juice need to be eliminated.
- Mostly empty calories that do not satisfy hunger.
- No substance in liquids and less work for the body in digestion.
7. EAT TEN SERVINGS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES DAILY
- Eat more veggies than fruit.
- Vegetables and fruits have more nutrient density than most other foods.
- Provide the majority of vitamins and minerals for the health of the body.
- Low calorie content.
- Necessary for the absorption of carbs, protein and fats.
8. NEVER FOLLOW ANOTHER GIMMICK DIET
- Any diet that promises quick and easy weight loss (more than 2lbs week)
- Any diet that drastically restricts any macronutrient.
- Carbs, protein and fat can be good or bad for you. It depends on your food choices.
- If the food is nutritious eat it. If it is not, don’t eat it.
9. EAT BREAKFAST
- Manage your hunger. You will tend to eat less later in the day, and avoid late-night binging.
- Charges up metabolism for the day.
10. DON’T EAT OUT
- You can not control portions as easily.
- You have less control of oils, and sugars put in the food.
- Restaurants make the food taste good so that you will come back and spend more money. There is a reason the food tastes so good.