BUILDING A HEALTHY ORGANIZATION
Soon, the combination of pre-packaged, high salt foods and minimal exercise becomes the norm, etrimentally affecting employees and their performance on the job. Obesity, heart disease, diabetes and other issues related to a sedentary lifestyle have spiked over the last few years with $12.2 billion spent on health care in 2009, potentially hitting $17 billion in 2020.
More now than ever, employers are seeing the importance of supporting employee health and recognizing its key role in the workplace. Research indicates that the support of the health and well-being of employees not only benefits the employees but also the employers. When employees are able to take care of their health and lifestyle, with employer assistance, employers begin to see an increase in productivity, decrease in absenteeism and health care costs, lower turnover rate, and a happier work environment.
LEAN, FIT, AND PAIN FREE IN THE 21ST CENTURY
How to be Lean, Fit, and Pain Free in the 21st Century is a tailor-made seminar by Paul Plakas that is custom built to meet the needs of your organization.
The top three things that people want most when enhancing their health is:
1. Less body fat
2. More energy
3. Reduction of chronic pain
Keeping these three things in mind, Paul approaches your seminar with a fresh and unique perspective and a ‘no-holds barred’ attitude.
This one to two hour seminar will include:
• A one hour boot camp style workout/exercise demonstration
• How to overcome obstacles that lead to making smart food choices and exercise options
• Basal Metabolic Rate: what it is, how it works, and why it’s important
• How to increase metabolism and use it to your advantage
• A Top Ten list on how to maximize fat loss
• The Kinetic Chain Assessment, what it is and how can it prevent chronic pain in your body
• Maximizing exercise time by understanding what are the best workouts for maximum benefits while demything the efficiency of cardio machines
Bringing Paul Plakas to our community made a difference in the lives of many. Not only were we able to raise $40,000 dollars for our local Y and Canadian Mental Health Association, but over 450 people got to challenge themselves to a fitter, healthier future. Paul’s talk to our participants was entertaining, educational and enlightening. It is amazing how much our convenient lifestyle is contributing to the poor health of our nation. Paul helped our participants understand just how easy it is to eat clean, be active and focus on a future of good health. His tips on good food choices, hidden saboteurs that come in prepackaged foods, positive life choices and basic exercise routines were welcomed by everyone. Although we lost some of our participants at the end of the 6 month challenge, those who came back had achieved remarkable success, not only in terms of weight loss – some having loss in excess of 60 pounds – but in terms of overall improved health. One of our participants was able stop taking a number of medications and, instead of just hearing about his family’s sports accomplishments, actually became a coach!
Shelley Rhinehart, BA, MBA, PhD
Professor of Marketing
Former Dean of Business, University of New Brunswick
WHO IS PAUL PLAKAS?
As a personal trainer and owner of “Custom Fit”, a personal training studio, Paul is well-known for his appearances over the past 9 years on the Gemini Award Winning weight-loss documentaries X-Weighted and Taking It Off, seen on the Slice Network.
In his downtime, Paul enjoys mountain biking, hockey, cross country skiing, and weight lifting. Paul is driven to provide personal and superior guidance to everyone from homemakers to professional sports players, customizing fitness plans to suit individual needs. He is passionate about health and well-being, and believes anyone can become lean, fit and pain free if they are willing to take the steps to get there. Paul has assisted numerous organizations, including:
• Incite Marketing, Edmonton, AB
• Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan, Edmonton, AB
• Alexandra Middle School, Medicine Hat, AB
• YMCA, Saint John, New Brunswick
• Gerard Redmond Catholic School, Hinton, AB
• Nurses for Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, AB
• Investors Group, south and north branches, Alberta
• Communities in Halifax, Toronto, Winnipeg, Kelowna, Calgary, Canmore, Sudbury, Edmonton, Lloydminster, Miramichi, Saint John
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO BOOK YOUR HEALTH SEMINAR EMAIL PAUL AT PAUL@PAULPLAKAS.COM